The error code 0x800705b4 is most commonly experienced on the Windows 10 platform. It is a result of numerous factors; some of which may occur concurrently. The causes for the above error include failure of the operating system to update, system registry error, attack by malware, and corrupted windows files.
Fixing Error Code 0x800705b4
At first, when this error appears, the computer may still proceed working as usual. Users may be tempted to continue working; but this is not advisable. The error may lead to even greater problems ahead. At the earliest convenience, users should directly deal with the problem. There are several approaches to solving the problem; depending on the root cause.
Method 1: The sfc system, scan
Ideally, the average computer user would not know what triggered the above mentioned error. To be on the safe side, a sfc scan comes in handy to iron out the issue on their behalf. This is a free inbuilt tool that enables you to identify corrupted system files and repair them. Here is how to run it;
- Click Start, and then write ‘cmd’ in the search box.
- When the command prompt icon appears, right click it and select the “Run as Administrator”. You may be prompted to provide the Administrator password at this stage.
- In the resulting command prompt window, key in “sfc/scannow”. Press Enter.
- As the scan proceeds, do not close the command prompt
Corrupt files will be identified and repaired. The error message will no longer appear.
Method 2: System restore
In case the sfc scan did not succeed, this is your next course of action. However, do not do a system restore if your system has never been backed up prior to the error message in question. The process will simply take your system to the last known point at which it was functioning properly and flawlessly.
- Click Start again, and write “system restore” in the search box. Right click on it and choose “Run as Administrator”.
- The restore process begins, and you will be prompted to pick a restore point. Select the time that you think the system was at its optimal operation mode.
- Wait for the restore process to complete.
You can now use your computer without interruptions.