How to Create an Archive Folder in Outlook 2013?
The Microsoft Outlook 2013 is the email client that had been contained within in the 2013 release of the Microsoft Office Suite. The Outlook 2013 was released in the month of October 2012 and was much similar to the previous editions of this email client in that it offers admission to the Exchange Server having contact, email, calendars, and task managing operability or function.
The Microsoft Outlook 2013 comprises of some new developments that have been provided below:
- Unread Button permits the end operator to simply get just the messages that have been marked as unread.
- Message Preview consents the end user to go through the main line of the email from the list view of the messages.
- Zoom Slider lets the user to effortlessly grow the size of the font for discrete emails.
- Attachment Reminders prompts the user whilst an attachment is provided inside the body of an email.
- Outlook 2013 Weather Bar allows you to get weather information for places chosen by the user.
The Microsoft Outlook 2013 might as well be utilized in the combination with Microsoft SharePoint as extended as SharePoint 2013 and Exchange 2013 are appropriately organized. In addition, the managers may now be able to govern the OST file size by means of Microsoft Outlook 2013 sync slider and the eventually the startup period is enhanced by means of the Exchange Fast Access functionality.
In case you require saving any e-mails out of the mailbox folder, or in case you desire to make an archive folder for Outlook, you require creating an individual archive inside Outlook. This article is going to expound how you can go about doing this.
Making a Fresh Personal Archive
Follow the steps that have been provided below to add or make a new personal archive:
- In Microsoft Outlook 2013, move to the Tools menu, then choose Options.
- Then choose the Mail Setup flap and click on the Data Files option.
- Click on the Add button.
- Choose the needed Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst).
- Then Click on OK.
- Move to the C:\MyData* folder on your computer.
- Within the provided File Name tab, you have to type in the name for your individual archive like “Personal Archive.pst”.
- Then, Click on OK and you are done.
The Microsoft Outlook .pst files might not be saved on the network drives online. Your personal archive file might be deleted in case it is set up on a network drive online.
It is recommended that you save your personal archive file within C:\MyData so that it is going to be restored and backed up whilst your computer becomes replaced or upgraded.
It is your accountability to back up the personal archive folder or file just in case your hard drive doesn’t function or fails. The personal archive folder is the .pst file that is found in the directory that you designated in step 6.
- Type in a name for your personal archive folder, like “Personal Folders”
- Decide on in case you desire password protecting the overall info or data. If you want to do so, enter the password that you want to designate, two times. You need to remember that password for future usage.
- Then, Click on OK.
- The fresh personal archive will be appearing within the list of your Outlook Data Files.
- Then, Click on Close.
- Afterwards, you have to click OK to close the Options tab.
Your fresh Personal Archive folder will be appearing in the list of your Outlook Mail Folders.
Add Archive Folder to Outlook
Within the Outlook Mail Folders listing, you have to right-click on your Personal Archive.
- Choose the New Folder option.
- Type in a name for your archive folder
- Ensure that the position for your archive folder is properly highlighted within the listing.
- Then, Click on OK.
- Your freshly-made folder is going to be displayed in the listing of your Outlook Mail Folders.
Using Your Outlook Personal Archive
You might be able to utilize the Personal Archive similar to any other folder of Outlook.
You need to click on the label of the subfolder or folder, and the messages confined inside it are going to be displayed.
For this, you will have to highlight an e-mail that is presented in Outlook and then drag it onto the archive folder that you desire. The message is going to be moved into that particular folder as well as deleted from the folder that you moved it from.
First of all, choose a message that is being presented on Outlook and subsequently drag it into the folder of your choice using the right button of your mouse. The particular message is going to be copied to that folder and is further stay within the original folder as well.
Ford performing this function, you have to click on the message to highlight it and then click on the Delete button given on the keyboard or the “X” sign given in the toolbar or go to the Edit menu, then choose the Delete option.